When describing an outline it's common to use the following terms:
- Branch: A branch consists of an row together with all the rows that it contains. The row's children, the children's children, etc.
- Child: The children of an row are the rows that it directly contains
- Handle: The triangle to the left of each row
- Parent: The parent of a row is the row that directly contains it
- Root: The topmost row in an outline is the root row. The root isn't visible, instead the top level visible rows in Bike are children of this hidden root row.
- Sibling: All children that have the same parent row are siblings